Stats and Records of 1st ODI between India & New Zealand
India has won the 1st game of the ODI series, Debutant Hardik Pandya and Umesh Yadav’s blistering spell put New Zealanders under pressure and there was a time when they were 7 down off 65 runs, Tom Latham’s patient knock of unbeaten 79 and some good power hitting by Southee helped them to end up at 190, but it never looked enough when one of the best chasing side came for the batting and Kohli’s unbeaten 85 with few unstoppable cover-drives never let the Black Caps came in the game and finished the run chase off in style with six. There are few statistics and records of the game by No.1 fantasy cricket website for their users, so that it can help them to create the best fantasy cricket team in the next games.
- It was India’s 900th ODI match
Total ODIs:- 900
No Result:- 39
- After winning the game Dhoni has become the 2nd most successful captain of ODI history with 108 wins in 195 matches eclipsing Allan Border’s record of 107 wins in 178 matches. Ricky Ponting is the most successful Captain in ODIs, who has won 165 matches among 230 matches for Australian team.
- Hardik Pandya is the 215th player for India in ODIs. On 16th October 1978, Kapil Dev received the Test cap and on the same day in 2016 he presented the ODI cap to Pandya.
- Hardik has taken his 1st wicket in ODIs on the 5th ball of his 1st over.
- Tim Southee hit his maiden ODI Fifty in his 100th ODI, 1st batsman of New Zealand to hit half century while batting at no. 10 and 6th in world cricket.
- Tom Latham (79*) has become the 1st New Zealand opener to carry his bat through and 10th overall in world cricket. It was his first ODI against India. He scored fifty in each match till now on this tour.
- Virat Kohli (85*) scored his 37th ODI fifty and fifth against the Kiwis, 32nd fifty+ in day-night run chase, only behind to Sachin Tendulkar (34).
- It was India’s 7th successive win against Black Caps at home.
- It was Ross Taylor’s first duck against India, he is so far on this tour (0, 17, 36, 4, 0, 32, 0….), it was his ninth zero in his ODI career.
- Luke Ronchi also registered his first duck against India and 6th of his ODI career in 55 innings.
- Amit Mishra (3/49) registered his best bowling figures in ODIs at home, he has also become the fastest Indian spinner to take 50 wickets in his 32nd ODI, only 3 Indian bowlers could reach to this landmark in fewer ODIs, Ajit Agarkar (23), Mohammad Shami (29) and Irfan Pathan (31).
- Kedar Jadhav (2/6) also took his first International wicket in his 2nd over. 2 on two successive deliveries.
- Hardik Pandya’s 3 for 31, 4th best bowling figure for India in ODI debut, best figure is 21/3 by Noel Arthur David against WI in 1997 at Port of Spain.
- Hardik Pandya became 4th Indian to receive Man of the Match Award in his debut, after Sandeep Patil, Mohit Sharma and KL Rahul, 60th player in world cricket to do so.
Our cricket experts have gathered these statistics for the fantasy cricket users, to play the game convincingly.