5th ODI of Australia Vs South Africa
Finally series has reached to its end and nobody thought after 4 matches of the series, it will stand like 4-0, really unprecedented this. Australians looked absolutely heads dropped, faces wrapped and laces trapped. They looked like a pale shadow of the team that beat Sri Lanka 4-1. They must have been missing their few key bowlers like Starc, Hazzlewood and Faulkner, but still it can never be an excuse for the World Champs to lose this badly. In 3rd ODI reining champions fought, they scored but they just weren’t good enough. Rather than that in rest of the matches they were like running behind their own shadow. Users of fantasy cricket gaming, who have opted more South Africans in their team would have got a huge advantage for sure.
Now it’s time for the 5th and final ODI of the series which is going to take place at Newlands, Cape Town. So here are some stats of ground and players current performance so that users of any fantasy cricket website can get an idea before creating their favorite fantasy cricket team.
Average 1st Innings score:- 227
Average 2nd Innings score:- 179
Highest Total:- 354/3 by RSA Vs Kenya on Oct 22, 2001
354/6 by RSA Vs Eng on Nov 27, 2009
Lowest Total:- 43/10 by Pak Vs WI on Feb 25, 1993
Highest Individual Score:- 131* of RSA by Neil Mckenzie Vs Kenya on Oct 22, 2001
Best Bowling Figure:- 19/6 by Henry Olonga of Zim Vs Eng on Jan 28, 2000
Previous ODI:- Feb 14, 2016, RSA won by 5 wickets, defeating England
Total Matches:- 37 Matches
Batting 1st Won:- 25
Chasing Team Won:- 12
6 Times Aus & RSA have played on this ground against each other
RSA have won last 3 matches against Aus at this ground.
Most runs made at Newlands, Capetown from current RSA and Australia team
Hashim Amla (164 runs in 4 innings with 2 fifties at an average of 41),
Faf Du Plaesis (60 runs in 2 innings with a fifty at an average of 30)
None of a player from current Australian team has ever played a game on Newlands and only 4 players of RSA have played here before. (Amla, Du Plesis, De Cock, Farhan)
Top 5 Scorers of the Series:- (Avg:- Average, SR:- Strike Rate, HS:- High Score)
- 1. Q De Cock (288 runs in 4 innings with a fifty and a ton) Avg:- 72, SR:- 144, HS:- 178
- 2. F Du Plesis (239 runs in 4 innings with a fifty and a ton) Avg:- 59, SR:- 96, HS:- 111
- 3. David Warner (213 runs in 4 innings with a fifty and a ton) Avg:- 53, SR:- 104, HS:- 117
- 4. R Rossouw (189 runs in 4 innings with 2 fifties) Avg:- 63, SR:- 98, HS:- 75
- 5. David Miller (154 runs in 3 innings with 1 hundred) Avg:- 154, SR:- 145, HS:- 118*
Top 5 Wicket-Takers of the Series:- (Avg:- Average, Eco:- Economy)
- 1. Phehluklwayo 7 wickets with an Avg of 27 and Eco of 6.37
- 2. Steyn 5 wickets with an Avg of 39 and Eco of 7.33
- 3. Hastings 5 wickets with an Avg of 43 and Eco of 6.93
- 4. Kyle Abbott 4 wickets with an Avg of 10 and Eco of 5
- 5. Wayne Parnell 4 wickets with an Avg of 24 and Eco of 6.40
Hope these statistics from no. 1 fantasy cricket website will surely help gamers to create their fantasy cricket team in a proper manner.